I’m a Beautiful Butterfly of Light (Suck It, Miss Universe)

No, not really, but I thought it’d be a fun BS post and it gives me an excuse to plug janeybgood’s blog Cupid or Cats. Now there’s a real Butterfly of Light. Thanks to her generosity of allowing any yahoo Jack and Jill to pick up this award, yours truly BBK is now a glimmering, shimmering Butterfly of Light. (And it was even easier than becoming an Ordained Dudeist Minister).

Butterfly of Light Award | The Big Blog of All the Shit I Know

Here are the so-called rules:

1. You must write an acceptance post, making sure you link back to the blogger who awarded you and thank them. You may not lump this award in with a batch of other awards.

2. You must individually name and re-award to a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 9999999 bloggers. You must let them know either personally with a comment on their blog OR a pingback (I’d suggest their about page)

3. You must link back to Belinda’s blog either to http://idiotwriting.wordpress.com/2014/03/13/i-love-charismatic-geeks/ OR http://idiotwriting.wordpress.com/about/ 

4. You must write a short paragraph entitled either “How I’m Spreading Light” OR “How I’m A Positive Influence”

5. Display the “Butterfly Light Award” badge on your blog

It all sounds pretty fascist to me, but no matter. Freedom’s for rednecks and nudist colonies. (But let’s bend the rules anyway).

First up: the nominees. What I love most about blog awards is getting off on the empty ego stroking and what I love second most about blog awards is that I get a chance to give you a look at some blogs I’ve recently enjoyed. And because I can’t plug all y’all’s blogs in this post, I’ll do what I did with my last awards post and say you are free to snatch up this award for yourself and pass it on. I’m all for shameless self-promotion. All you have to do is share the love by nominating some more great blogs.

Blogs Worth Checking Out (in no particular order):

How I’m a Positive Influence:

…… I’m going to cheat and let Louis CK do the talking for me (NSFW language, I guess).

In short, the Internet is a context that helps me lose my expressive inhibitions and allows me to try out my writing on you fellow seekers of knowledge. I like making people smile and offering my take on life (like everyone else on the interwebs) and I definitely love interacting with you guys. Blogging has been something of a blast so far and reading and hearing from you folks is pretty much 90% of what makes it so fun (with the rest of the 10% composed of cat picture posts and jerking around with fundamentalists). So you’re obviously very opposite a “worthless piece of shit” and are the very light that warms the wings of this humble butterfly.

(Whew, is it over yet?)

Cheers,
BBK
[and Moose is here somewhere]

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “I’m a Beautiful Butterfly of Light (Suck It, Miss Universe)

  1. Tell you what?
    I am following you now JUST because of the name of your blog –
    SO I have to say thank you for sticking the butterfly on your blog right ? CHEERS!
    SO far as rules go – I am so pleased people are bending the rules I never made 😉
    It really is just quite nice to be able to see something you like and take it 😛

    LOVE the way you did this award! The name gave the family a giggle – and the read made me smile in gratitude 😉

  2. Well golly, I’m thrilled and honored. Thanks for the shout out. I’m a little behind on award stuff, but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy them. 🙂 I’m also excited to be in such great company, and also to find a few blogs I was unfamiliar with.

    Cheers! BB
    p.s. I know you said the blogs were listed in no particular order, but I’m still secretly (well, not anymore) thrilled that you mentioned BulgingButtons first!

What Do You Know?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s