What has the Internet come to?
To think that societal truisms and cheap jabs at Scientology are enough to get fellow bloggers Sophia Hudson and LividFrost to think you’re “lovely” and “versatile,” respectively. Bloggette Comrades, I think you should get your heads checked (but thank you kindly anyway).
Liebster Award Rules
- Display the award on your blog.
- Nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them.
- Nominees must choose eleven of their favorite bloggers that have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions.
- When you are nominated you cannot nominate the person that nominated you.
- After choosing your nominees, drop them a comment/pingback telling them that you have nominated them.
Versatile Blogger Award Rules
- Display the award on your blog
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post seven things about yourself.
Since I’m more for guidelines rather than rules – out of principle, not laziness, of course – I’ll choose 10 bloggers, answer the questions, post questions of my own, and spill 5 things about myself. All rebellions begin small, you see. Nominees can snatch up either award (or both) – I don’t mind. Just pass on the love.
In no conscious order, the nominees are…
- The Quick, Not The Dead
- Stranger Than Fiction
- The Office Inbetweener
- Part Time Monster
- Note 2 Self
- Anneque G. Malchien
- I AM TOM NARDONE
- Realistic Optimism
- What the Fork?
Sophia Hudson’s Not-so-FAQs
1. What is the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do?
Your mother. (I’m sorry. It couldn’t be helped (your mother, I mean).)
2. What is your best quality?
My saccharine charm.
3. Describe your best friend and what makes you so close.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster. Unless he’s in a drunken stupor, he’s always always watching out for me.
4. What do you believe happens after death?
I will be reincarnated as a glorious meatball. If I’m good, I’ll be draped in extra acidic tomato sauce.
5. What’s your “type” (if you have one)?
6. What was the last thing you cried about?
7. What was the last thing that made you smile?
8. Describe your home.
9. What’s your dream job?
Independent bookstore owner.
1o. How old were you when you had your first kiss (if you’ve had it yet, I haven’t!)?
I don’t kiss and tell.
11. What is one thing you would never, ever do?
Write a blog award post.
Questions for You (I’d love to hear everyone’s answers in the comments, too, even if you weren’t “officially nominated”)
1. What talent do you wish you had (that you don’t already have)?
2. Are you prepared for the impending zombie apocalypse?
3. Worst book you’ve ever read?
4. If you could smack one person in the face (living or dead), who would it be and why?
5. Will you go out with me? Yes/No (Circle one)
5 Things You Didn’t Want to Know About BBK (and Sir Moose, but we won’t tell you which ones)
1. I’ve circumnavigated the world and been on four continents.
2. One of my favorite books is The Stranger by Albert Camus.
3. I have ovaries.
4. I sincerely dream of saving the world – or saving humanity from its own destruction at the very least.
I have always been insecure about my intelligence and my identity in our society and try to make up for it in sarcasm/arrogance/distance. I am truly soft in the middle. My favorite pastime is laughing at stupid people.
Once again, a special thanks to Sophia Hudson and LividFrost for the ego boost. To my fellow bloggers of knowledge and the rest of you reading this, feel free to pick up an award or two. Thank you all and keep on keeping on.